Those of us at the Berkshire Film and Media Collaborative know that film and media production are an essential creative economic force in western Massachusetts.
When projects come to our area, they employ local professionals, bring revenue to local businesses, and increase tourism. In 2005 a lucrative tax incentive was passed in our state. By 2008, 14 films were shot in Massachusetts pouring $350 million into the local economy – but ALL were shot in the Boston region. BFMC is working to bring these vital dollars “west.”
BFMC maintains an online production guide and locations library, and assists productions with permitting, location scouting and finding local crew and equipment. Since it’s inception in 2009, BFMC has facilitated numerous film, television and media projects.
We are committed to:
- Nurturing our community through educational courses, lectures and seminars.
- Creating job opportunities in the film and media sector through adult workforce development courses.
- Networking our local professionals and introducing them to local businesses in need of film/media services.
- Marketing our award-winning professionals and undiscovered locations to national and international film and television markets.
We have the enthusiasm. We have the experience. We have the knowledge base. We are an essential creative economic force in western, Massachusetts. (and…we’re pretty fun to be around, too).
BFMC is a fund of the Berkshire Taconic Community Foundation, a 501(3) public charity.
- Diane Pearlman, Executive Director
- Laura Gratz, Administrative Director